Friday, November 14, 2014

It's the Little Things: Luxurious Bath Products are a True Traveling Perk

One of the most underrated perks of traveling, in my oh-so humble opinion, is those tiny bath products. I've had great ones, and I've had my share of bad ones too. But let's focus on the positive aspects here. Finding out a hotel you love carries bath products that you also love is like winning the traveling lottery. Your bed is comfy, and your hair can smell great too. Here's a brief round up of some of my favorites.

I enjoyed the dynamic MALIN + GOETZ peppermint shampoo and cilantro hair conditioner at the Ace Hotel in Portland and 21c in Cincinnati. The peppermint just smelled so invigorating. The white bottles with the plain typography are just as cool as the Portland Ace Hotel itself. 


The peppermint shampoo will not disappoint. Promise.

The tiny Molton Brown products--served up at The Hermitage in Nashville and The Jefferson in Richmond--are a little more masculine than I usually go for, but just smell luxurious. So far my favorite scent is Indian Cress--a perfect, intoxicating blend of jasmine, honeysuckle and sandalwood.


When I see Molton Brown in my room, I know I've hit the travel jackpot.

Peter Thomas Roth makes a great masculine body wash and hair care products that you can find at the Hiltons in San Diego and Lexington. My favorite pick of this bunch is the Mega-Rich line that really does moisturize as it cleanses. 

And last, but certainly not least, is the Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo that you can find at the Goldener Hirsch Inn in Park City, Utah. If you happen to be in a mall with an Aveda store, be sure to pop in so you can get a whiff of this (try the tea too while you're at it). It's invigorating, sweet and one powerful combination. 

Sure, I could buy these on my own, but they're all out of my price range. And having them would take some of the fun out of traveling. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS