Friday, November 21, 2014

Georgetown Cupcake is Magic

I love food. I always have. It's one of my true passions and in very ironic fashion, after I lost my job in 2011, I started interning with an editor who was running an Atlanta-based food magazine. That kick started my food writing career, and here I am. 

Since then, my love for food has really blossomed. I've been to food festivals in the Virgin Islands and have sat at chef's tables at some dynamite restaurants. But with all that traveling and eating all over the country, I've often found that some of my favorite treats are closet to home. And when it comes to local foods, Georgetown Cupcake is hard to top. This spot has come a long way from a tiny outpost in one of D.C.'s best neighborhoods. Yes, I have stood in that notoriously long line in the cold (thank you very much) to get one and think of it as a D.C.-area dweller's rite of passage. 


Dreamy cupcakes in a bright, pink box. Don't you love that tiny, bright heart on the red velvet cupcake?

Some say these are overrated, and although I have had a dry one, I think the frosting here can't be beat. It's sweet, but not overly sugar. And the Peanut Butter Fudge is out-of-this- world good. You can't go wrong with smooth, creamy peanut butter frosting and that rich chocolate cupcake base that's filled with (yes!) fudge. This treat impresses with each and every bite. 




Behold a birthday cake cupcake on the left and heaven-in-a-cupcake Peanut Butter Fudge on the right. 

So, next time you're near a Georgetown Cupcake, go in. If you get there early enough, you can even nab a free one. Every day, the company announces on its Twitter and Facebook pages the complimentary, "not-on-the-menu" offering. Check those pages before you head out and the clerks will hand one out for free if you ask for it by name. It really is that simple (and delicious). Here's to cupcakes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS