Saturday, October 31, 2015

Hotel Chimayo: A Charming, Dog-friendly Santa Fe Hotel

Every once in a while, I'll stay a hotel that really does feel its own tiny little world. As soon I've stepped in the lobby, I'm somewhere else, and I'm glad to be there. The Hotel Chimayo in Santa Fe is one of those places. Located just off of the Plaza--the heart of Santa Fe's downtown district--the hotel only contributes to the charm. The exterior resembles a cute white house complete with an adorable balcony. Inside, it's very Southwestern with dark wood decor and prints. After checking in, the front desk clerk printed out a map of a nearby park where I could walk my dogs--another great pet owner perk. 

 My cute dog Rocket snug in his chair.

After walking out of the lobby, you'll enter the courtyard of this hotel--and my favorite spot of the whole place. All the rooms here face inward and this secluded spot honestly made me like I was in Southern Spain--minus the red chilies hanging from the wooden balconies. It's secluded, quiet and although just steps from the plaza, feels like it's own little slice of paradise. I loved walking through here to get back to my room.





And my suite was more than enough space for me and my dogs. It featured a separate sitting area complete with a fireplace, bedroom and bathroom. My dogs loved hanging out on the chairs while I was away. We all loved snuggling in the bed at night. I appreciated that my dogs had space to roam around while I was away during the day. The tiled bathroom was great for putting their water and food bowels in case they spilled any of it. The only downsides here are that you have to pay for parking and occasionally, other owners would leave their dogs off leash with their hotel room doors open. This never (thankfully) was an issue for me, but it's something to keep in mind. The pet policy here is fairly standard. The hotel also charges a $25 per day pet fee unless you book its pet-friendly package. Dogs weighing more than 50 pounds are not permitted at the hotel. Only two dogs are allowed per room.


 

When I first checked in, the front desk employee gave me a map and showed me where a dog park was. And I love how close the hotel was to many different parks. Cross of the Martyrs--probably the best place in the city to watch the sunset--is less than half a mile from the hotel. Hillside Park Cathedral Park, albeit very small, was just a few blocks from the hotel too.  





I watched the sunset at this park with my dogs my last night in Santa Fe, and I can't think of a better way to cap off a trip to this enchanting city than that. Pet owner searching for a charming hotel in this great city should consider Hotel Chimayo.

Please note: I was given a discounted media rate during my stay here. All thoughts are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. La Quinta Inn and Suites Kansas city

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS