Monday, March 16, 2015

Hotels I Love: Seattle's Hotel Vintage

Kimpton rules. And that's a fact. This boutique hotel chain is the a food-loving travelers' dream come true. I've had some fantastic fried green tomatoes at Alexandria's Jackson 20 and enjoyed some great sushi at D.C.'s Zentan. But last May I was fortunate enough to stay at Seattle's Hotel Vintage.

 Exterior shot of the hotel.

The hotel's theme incorporates wines hailing from Washington state, and each room is named after a winery. You'll find wine maps throughout the halls and a free happy hour in the lobby. Vintners will occasionally drop by the talk about their wares. 

But besides all wine everywhere, what I really fell in love with was this hotel's lush rooms. The adorable headboard is made up of wine corks. I couldn't get enough of this plush purple couch in my room. It was just so regal and comfy. I wish I owned one. 

Wine cork headboard, FTW.

The lush purple couch that I wish was mine. Reminds you of red wine, doesn't it? 

The hotel staff was kind enough to leave me wine from Washington, a cupcake and fruit from Pike Place Market. I ate this instead of dinner one night. Classy.

My room overlooked Seattle's Public Library and was conveniently located within walking distance to historic Pioneer Square, iconic Pike Place Market, the Columbia Tower (insider tip: the views here are better than the ones from the Space Needle. Although you must visit the Needle.) and this nifty monorail that will take you to the Needle. 

Lastly, you'll want to head to the on-site restaurant Tulio. And you must have wine (from Washington, of course), the heart sweet potato gnocchi and sweet semifreddo. Kimpton is great about always making a few signature dishes and these are some of the best ones. 

A must-try dish: the sweet potato gnocchi.

The delicious semifreddo. According to the chefs, it's never been sent back.

Please note: My hotel stay was covered by Hotel Vintage. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a couple of other events at other places, but this was my first time in here. It was amazing! Great venue, it's smaller than those bigger places but it is still a fair sized venue. Food at New York venues was great and I think it's recently renovated - it didn't seem old or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too. Wine is always a great idea. :-) My only regret is that I didn't check out Seattle's Public Library. It was just a stone's throw away too!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS