Friday, November 7, 2014

Parks You'll Love: Michigan's Sleeping Bear Dunes

Despite my personal Michigan heritage (my grandfather is from there), I actually had never visited the state until this past year. And it blew my away. Michigan is unpretentious, pure and just gorgeous. The tourism rep told me that the "state sells itself," and it does. I fell in love with the water and relatively flat landscapes almost instantly. But as with all trips, I'm left with strongest memories of just one place: Sleeping Bear Dunes.





Yes! This is a real photo. And it doesn't even do the place justice. 

As you might have guessed from the name, be prepared to see some gorgeous dunes at this park. There's one that's notable for how many people climb up it. The press group I was with didn't do that, but we did take in some of the majestic beauty the parks offers. Chances are, you won't be able to take in enough of the deep blue of Lake Michigan in addition to that pure white sand. We were only there for less than an hour, but it's a place I keep revisiting in my head again. If you're in Michigan and have the time, be sure to stop at Sleeping Bear Dunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS