Monday, September 21, 2015

The Graduate: A Chic, Trendy and Pet-Friendly Arizona Hotel

As a pet owner, I always appreciate a trendy and chic pet-friendly hotel. Especially since those two adjectives typically don't apply to hotels that allow dogs. And that's what makes The Graduate in Tempe, Arizona such a great option for pet parents. This hotel chain is one of the hottest ones right now. And it's not hard to see why. The Tempe location is designed to look like a retro Mad Men-era hotel. Think prints, dark colors and old-looking decor inside the hotel room. 


 Pretty chic, huh?

 Psychedelic hallway, man.
As the name suggests, it's also designed to transport visitors back to their college days. Imagine how you would have decorated your dorm room if you actually had money. I appreciated the room keys that resembled ID cards, the composition notebook on the counter that served as a visitor's guide and the very Southwestern hanging art behind the bed. I loved most of the details here, but I especially liked the old school lamp in my room and bikes in the lobby. Just walking into the bright white hotel lobby made me feel like a film star from the 60s. 

 Anyone want to go cycling?
The mix of patterns and colors felt warm and inviting, not overdone or too busy.

And I love that the hotel is pet-friendly. As a pet owner, I appreciated the grassy area located behind the hotel and down a hallway beside the elevator where they could frolic and take care of business. The space comes complete with a handy waste bag dispenser too. It's a bit odd since this area is located right behind a bunch of sliding glass doors that lead to hotel rooms, but the curtains were always closed when I was out there with my dogs so it was never a problem.


The dog area. It's always nice to have one.

 Always helpful. Always.

 Don't you just want to chill by that pool?

I appreciated this at night so I didn't have to trek right through the lobby to let them out or venture too far from the property when it was dark outside. The area also leads to the hotel pool, but that wasn't a problem either.  

The room featured a balcony where I could sit outside with them. My dog's favorite feature was the comfy chair covered in fabric. I loved sitting with them there too.

 Rocket gettin' comfy.
Autumn in front of the mod-looking table top.

 The only words needed to describe this: Southwestern, collegiate chic.
 Rocket looking patriotic.
 I wish I owned this pillow.
 Gotta love that art.
 I want this lamp too.
 Room keys made to look like IDs. Plus, I love that old school library card holder.

Best of all was the hotel's location. It's across the street from ASU, less than a mile from the heart of Tempe--Mill Avenue--has two on-site restaurants and is right in front of a quiet and cute neighborhood. I loved being able to walk my dogs in this area. It made me and (probably them) feel right at home.

I loved walking down this charming, tree-lined street.

Let's all hope that the hottest hotels continue to allow dogs. Pet owners shouldn't have to miss out on the fun. 

 Please note: My stay was paid for as part of a press trip. Thoughts are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! La Quinta Inn and Suites Kansas city

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. Dog Socks

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS