Monday, March 30, 2015

Stops Along the Nelson 151: Blue Mountain Brewery

March is almost over and April is just days away, and I'm craving sunshine. Seriously. I'm tired of winter and ready for it to get warm and stay that way. Goodbye clouds and hello sunny skies. And when the weather's nice, I'd rather be outside sipping an ice cold beer. And I can't think of a better place to fulfill my warm-weather dreams than at Blue Mountain Brewery in Afton, Virginia. 

Check out that view. Makes you wish you were sitting there right now, doesn't it?

Located on the Nelson 151--a highway dotted with craft breweries and wineries nestled in the mountains--Blue Mountain Brewery serves up suds, killer pizzas and stunning views. When it comes to drinks, try a flight. I'm a pale ale kind of gal, but feel free to try some of the brewery's hop-filled offerings to round out your palette. The sour beer is also very good. Expect a lightly "spiced" beer that goes down surprisingly smooth. And you must, must, must try one of the pizzas here. I was on a press trip here, and all of the journalists on the trip devoured the flatbread topped with bratwurst with apples and onions. I loved the vinegrette-based dressing and enjoyed this savory dish after downing a few drinks. I don't have a great photo since we all ate is so quickly. Oops.

Looks pretty gorgeous, huh?

All photos by Sarah Hauser, Virginia Tourism Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS