Friday, January 9, 2015

Hotels I Love: Nashville's The Hermitage

As much as I admire a boutique hotel, there's something about a city's grand historical hotels that can't be beat. Maybe it's knowing the celebrities have stayed there. Maybe it's the history. Maybe it's that we just don't make 'em like that anymore and never will again. But whatever "it" may be, historical hotels have an undeniable charm. 

And Nashville's The Hermitage is one of the best. This grand hotel hosted me for two nights in Tennessee this past July, and I was swept away from the moment I stepped foot in the building. I mean, just look at that lobby. 


Behold: the magnificent lobby. 


It exudes elegance and old school glamour. Plus, the staff was just beyond friendly. But aside from the impressive building, there's the guest rooms. Oh, my room. I was put in a deluxe room with a view of the Capitol and wow, did it impress. 


This bed was so beyond comfortable. I could have lived on it. Seriously. 


I melted into the sheets as soon I lay down on that big, soft bed. I appreciated the big TV, desk and sitting chair complete with the latest issue of the fabulous American Songwriter magazine. The plush room and slippers in the closet were a nice touch too. 

But what I really loved was the marble bathroom. This could have been featured in Dwell magazine. Two vanities, a deep soaking tub, separate bathroom and deluxe shower rounded out this impossibly plush room. Did I mention the hotel also gives out Molton Brown bath products? This line just smells luxe, and I can never get enough. 


If you think this hotel tub looks great, you're right. 

The Hermitage exceeded my expectations, and even if you're not staying there, be sure to check it out. Also, even if you're a woman, check out the men's bathroom in the restaurant. Reese Witherspoon posted a photo of herself in there, and I missed it when I was there. Yes, even the men's bathroom at this hotel is worth looking at! Just another reason why I'll have to return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS