Thursday, October 15, 2015

Mountains You Should Climb: Tempe's "A" Mountain

When I first visited Phoenix back in January, I wanted a good hike and a great place to watch the Southwest's magnificent sunsets. And I found just what I was looking for at Tempe's "A" Mountain. This is a short, but steep, hike that will provide you with stunning views of the entire city. I mean, just look at that photo.
 Stunning, huh?


The path is all paved. You'll want to be careful at the top since you're fairly high up and many of the rocks you'll be standing on aren't exactly the sturdiest surfaces. A part of the summit is fenced off, but you can climb over that. Wherever you decide to end your hike, be sure to enjoy sweeping views of the Phoenix skyline. I always imagined a desert landscaped like Phoenix being drab and flat and dry, and it is all of that, but so much more. Take in the river. Appreciate the trees. Dig the view.



Either way, if you're a temporary visitor or a long-time resident, watching the Arizona sunset is a must-do. And so is hiking. If you're looking for a place where you can combine the best of both worlds, make it A Mountain. Plus, then you can tell your friends that you hiked "a" mountain when you were in Phoenix. Get it? I know, I know. How very punny.

Either way, enjoy the view from the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS