Thursday, April 23, 2015

Stand-Out Activewear Piece: Athleta's Relay Capri

Confession: I have plenty of black leggings. I have more black stretchy pants than regular ones, and that's the way I like it. But it also means that it's hard for me to find a pair that truly wows. But that's where items like Athleta's Relay Capri come into play.

Behold: the amazing run capris.

This story starts like most activewear solutions do. I went for a short run in my neighborhood and had to keep pulling up my capris. So I headed off to Athleta to find a great fit. And although I had my doubts about these (I don't usually go for cuffed capris), these were just what I was looking for.

Cuffs with the mesh.

They hit about mid-calf, which is ideal for running capris. I don't like shorts since they tend to ride up and knee-length capris can get all sweaty in the crease. But these are the perfect length. And the cuff helps the pants stay on. The sheer panel attached to the bottom of the pant leg helps the pants breathe well.

My favorite feature is the high waist. It will hold you in without feeling constrictive. I'd suggest buying a size down if you want an even tighter fit. The back of the pant features a handy zip pocket so you can store your keys. The store employee even showed me how to tie an adorable little bow with the drawstring waist to help them stay on. As if these couldn't get better, each pair is UPF 50+--so you're protected from the sun. 

You'll want this waistband. Trust me. 

 The rip cord.
 The handy pocket that you'll love.

These offer compression too. I always need some help smoothing out my trouble spots, and these do the job perfectly.

The only downside is that there's just a touch of sheerness. That doesn't bother me since these aren't meant for yoga/Pilates/other bend-centric classes. If you're searching for an all-around great pair of running capris, I'd suggest you give these a test run. If you're unhappy, you can always return them since this brand's return policy is phenomenal. Thank you for another great product, Athleta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS