Friday, October 24, 2014

Miraval: A Desert Oasis in Tucson

Miraval is a stunning, soothing getaway nestled in Arizona's Catalina Mountains. After just a few days, the calming spirit of the place will wash over you. You'll fall in love with the pink sunsets, green juice served at almost every meal and the stunning views you'll get when you're taking one of the spot's many exercises classes. And the spa here is not to be missed. Not only does it just smell great (like all spas do), but the entire place just exudes calm. From the sound of trickling water at the front desk to the soft lighting--just walking into the space will lower your heart rate. Lounge outside by the pool or enjoy absolute silence and gorgeous mountain views in the spot's quiet room while you wait for a treatment. 


The spa's entry.

It was raining when I visited Miraval just last week, but the outdoor beauty was not lost on me. My treatment room--where I received a fantastic, worked-out-all-the-kinks and left me feeling refreshed 100-minute full-body massage--even had a sliding glass door. That might not sound like much, but I absolutely loved hearing the rain fall during my massage. It brought me closer to the natural beauty of the spa, and I didn't even have to get up from the table. Details like that make all the difference, and I'm sure I'll be thinking of my massage for years to come.


Outdoor lounge. Can't you just imagine resting out here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS